AGITE STATIM, which means DO IT NOW, has been an inspiration to many of Irene’s past learners. The school badge was designed by Mrs Schormann. Mr Pretorius introduced the motto which was inspired by two poems given to him by Mrs Monica van der Byl. The motto was incorporated into the badge in 1970.
Irene Primary School strives to empower
and nurture learners, developing
the full potential of every learner through
quality holistic education and enabling
them as citizens to assume meaningful
roles in society.
• To work as a team with educators, parents and learners to make the community part of the school and the school part of the community.
• To encourage our learners to develop academically, culturally,
spiritually, socially and to promote sportsmanship.
• To equip learners for a technologically competitive world and to prepare them for society.
• To instil in our learners the values of respect and sensitivity,
embracing others and the environment.
• To develop a strong moral code and social responsibility.