- School starts at 07:30 and finishes at 13:30 for the Grade Rs.
- Supervision is only provided as from 07:00 each day.
- Ensure that your child is always at school on time
- Please try as far as possible to drop your little one off in Bruce Road next to the school hall.
- During a normal school day, learners come to school dressed in their home clothes.
- Please also pack a face towel and extra set of clothes.
ON TUESDAYS, FRIDAYS AND FOR ANY OUTINGS CHILDREN WEAR:
- House T-Shirt
- Yellow shorts in summer
- School tracksuit in winter
- White socks
- White takkies
- School cap – Children will not be allowed to play outside without a cap.
DIET AND HEALTHY LUNCHES
- Diet plays a vital role in your child’s development and ability to learn.
- There are five food groups.
- 5-7 portions of fruit and vegetables,
- 5 portions of starch,
- 1-3 portions of proteins,
- 2-4 portions of dairy and a small amount of sugar and fat should be consumed daily.
- All children should eat a healthy wholesome breakfast with some form of protein.
- Porridge is a good start to the day especially if a protein is added in the form of milk.
- Keep up your child’s energy levels by packing a healthy lunchbox.
- Please do not pack fizzy drinks, artificial juice, sweets, cakes, cookies, chips or biscuits.
- A 3 – 6-year-old needs between 10 and 12 hours of sleep a day.
- A 7 – 12-year-old needs 10 to 11 hours of sleep a day to function at an optimal level.
- This means if a child gets up at 6 in the morning they should be in bed at 8.
- Please mark all your child’s clothing, shoes and lunchboxes.
- You can use stitch on or iron-on labels.
- Newsletters are sent home once a week on a Thursday.
- Newsletter folders must be checked and emptied daily.
- Parent-teacher correspondence.
- Must be checked daily.
The children leave the school in the following manner:
- Parents collect their child personally and sign the child out.
- A driver collects the child from their classroom and signs the child out.
- Please provide the class teacher with the details of the person who will be collecting your child each day after school.
- Please make every effort to get your child home immediately after school.
- Alternatively, enrol your child in aftercare where there is structured supervision.
- It is a concern when children are left at school unsupervised until the late hours of the afternoon.
Your child’s safety is our priority!
Your child’s first day
What to expect
- The first day of Grade R is in January.
- Please meet in the hall at 7:30
- Welcome by the Principal
- Proceed to the Grade R classrooms
- There will be a class list posted on the wall outside each classroom.
- The teachers will help you look for your child’s name.
- Your child will then be placed in their classroom.
- Each child will receive a name tag/badge.
- You will be told the procedures for the first day and first week.
- You may wish to take a picture of your little one on their first day.
- Once your child looks comfortable and settled, he/she will be given a fun activity to do.
- At this stage, it is advisable to say a confident but reassuring good-bye.
- Your child will be in the capable and loving care of their teacher.
- Go home and have a good cup of tea. Be assured all is well.
- You can collect your child at 1:30 from their classroom.
- Children who are going to aftercare will be collected by their aftercare teachers from their classrooms.
- Children who are enrolled in Tracy Gibson’s aftercare facility will remain in the class.
- NO CHILD WILL BE ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE CLASSROOM UNTIL THEIR DRIVER, PARENT, CAREGIVER, ETC. HAS COME TO COLLECT THEM AND SIGNED THEM OUT.
Please send your child to school with the following items:
- 1 x 2-litre ice-cream container with lid, clearly marked with child’s name.
- 2 x boxes of tissues
- 2 x liquid hand wash soap
- 2 x puzzles (24 pieces and 48 pieces). ALL puzzle pieces must be marked with the child’s name.