- To work as a team with educators, parents and learners to make the community part of the school and the school part of the community.
- To encourage our learners to develop academically, culturally, spiritually and socially and to promote sportsmanship.
- To equip learners for a technologically competitive world and to prepare them for society.
- To instil in our learners the values of respect and sensitivity, embracing others and the environment.
- To develop a strong moral code and sense of social responsibility.
Irene Primary School strives to empower and nurture learners, developing the full potential of every learner through quality holistic education and enabling them as citizens to assume a meaningful role in society.